Timing problems
Before I post, I should say that I did not intend to miss out on yesterday's poem, and, in fact, did not. I just hit "save as draft" rather than "publish" by mistake, apparently. If there comes another day without a post, don't assume I've broken or collapsed or something; my output will continue even when I'm not on the Internet, obviously.
The fact remains, anyhow, that I've only just returned to London after my extensive vacation, and it has taken time to get everything set up properly again. Now we can get back on track.
Here, then, is the poem for Saturday, Jan. 7. It was only a little one, anyway:
The Ronin Battles the Ninja -or- a Deadly DanceThe grim dishonoured warrior:
A lonely sword in far-off places.
There is that standard vision, or
A film in France with auto-chases.
Against it stands stark silence that
Hath struck a strange and certain death,
Or else three children, gaily-clad;
Chris Farley, vomit on his breath.
The dark ideals stand motionless
In rain and mud in Keiga's field.
The movie fails, promotionless;
Perhaps some toys could boost the yield.
=
The poem for Sunday, Jan. 8 will follow shortly.